Introduction

A few decades ago C. S. Lewis wrote a pretty radical book called, “Mere Christianity.” In it, he makes a very good point. That it’s not about Christianity and vegetarianism or Christianity and submersion baptism, etc. it’s just about Christ.

The Apostle Paul, who is perhaps our major source for explaining what is and is not Christian, made an ironically similar comment. In Corinthians 2:2 he wrote, “I came unto you determined to know nothing, but Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.” The purpose of this site is to strip away the walls of denominationalism, or culture and let people of radically differing ideas rest a bit. I’m going to invite a few friends to post here with the intention opening it up as a moderated forum in a few weeks. Our goal is to inspire each other and the occasional visitor with pure, simple intimacy with God.

These are my belief statements, there is only 2 in keeping with the theme of this site.

My belief statements:

  1. That everyone sins and falls short of what God intended for them.
  2. That Jesus Christ is the son of God, born human, and though he lived without sin he died to pay the price for our sin.

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

I Recent Revelation Revisited

Recently God gave me this lessen and when Rick sent me this quote it came rushing back.

"Beyond the very extreme of fatigue and distress, we may find amounts of ease and power we never dreamed ourselves to own, sources of strength never taxed at all because we never push through the obstruction."
William James, philosopher


That's a good one. Kinda goes along with the red sea revelation God gave me. That the way out is through the flesh. When trapped between the armies of Egypt (or hell) and you pray for them to leave but they don't, the answer lies in asking God if the physical barrier you are trapped against is really a barrier at all. If our prayer to end the oppression is not answered the only appropriate question is, "what new heights in Christ am I being pushed into?" There are several things God could be up to, but they revolve around learning who we are and what God is for us. Moses needed to stretch out his arm holding the staff of his authority and command the physical reality to get out of his way. God's stated motive was to gain glory over pharaoh (a false god), but the work in Moses was to stop seeing with physical eyes, start seeing with prophetic eyes, and practice acting in the full authority of his position (relationship) in God (God called him "my servant.")

I call it a sense of mandate. It's what Jonah didn't have until he'd spent 3 days in the belly of the whale. When God says, go here and do this, we don't ask how big the scary monsters are, we should be like Joshua and say, "let me at them."

We must crucify the hesitance. We must realize that what is holding us back isn't the obstacle our flesh perceives before us, but our false perception of it as an obstacle. We don't see the way out because we believe we are who we are, not who we are in relationship with Christ (or we don't trust God to come through for us.) Remember the kid in the Matrix, in the oracles living room bending spoons. he said the hard part was remembering that the none of it was real. The answer is remembering who we really are and who God is. Be they the physical laws of this planet or the metaphysical laws of the spirit realm, God sets them aside when He chooses. When we dare to go to the end of our humanity we learn the super humanity of Christ in us.

To update you on life:
Yesterday, I got a call from Jodi at Dare to Live. Mike is going to start reshooting, "Stop the Nightmare." I met with him today and we talked over what needs to happen and by when. It's the kind of aggressive schedule I like, and new helpers to make it happen (Misty is committed to editing for three hours a day.) So we should have a rewrite on the book by June 7, and a new script for the video by June 25. We start tomorrow. When I got home I had an email from iUniverse--my final proof is ready to review. I just finished the review and when I've posted this I'll go to the iUniverse site and approve the manuscript for production. That means before my 38th birthday I'll have a book out, and another one written. Even if these milestones don't come about I'm still a writer, nothing will change that. However, I'm still looking forward to being a writer that God has blessed.

1 comment:

Chris Skaggs said...

Cool post man - I like the Moses thing and the question, "Is this really a barrier at all?"