Introduction

A few decades ago C. S. Lewis wrote a pretty radical book called, “Mere Christianity.” In it, he makes a very good point. That it’s not about Christianity and vegetarianism or Christianity and submersion baptism, etc. it’s just about Christ.

The Apostle Paul, who is perhaps our major source for explaining what is and is not Christian, made an ironically similar comment. In Corinthians 2:2 he wrote, “I came unto you determined to know nothing, but Jesus Christ and Him Crucified.” The purpose of this site is to strip away the walls of denominationalism, or culture and let people of radically differing ideas rest a bit. I’m going to invite a few friends to post here with the intention opening it up as a moderated forum in a few weeks. Our goal is to inspire each other and the occasional visitor with pure, simple intimacy with God.

These are my belief statements, there is only 2 in keeping with the theme of this site.

My belief statements:

  1. That everyone sins and falls short of what God intended for them.
  2. That Jesus Christ is the son of God, born human, and though he lived without sin he died to pay the price for our sin.

Friday, May 15, 2009

Break Through

So, today, as I'm praying over the options before me (options of what to dream of not options that are physically presenting themselves) I listened to a webinar by Micheal Q. Pink about becoming a Rain Forest strategy Consultant and he pointed out the light starts it all off. We have to have a clear vision of what we want or we won't be able to go after the other things we need. I was reviewing the ideas of taking my book on the road to sign/sell, going to Phoenix U to finish a bachelors in business, and going to Panama to learn to be a business consultant in the Rain Forest Strategy. I felt as though these are disparate dreams, sort of all-good-but-in-each-others-way type of dream. Like when you ask a kid what he wants to be when he grows up and he answers, a fireman or a doctor. I felt as though I couldn't be passionate and have a clear vision about me doing all of the above--though they all feel equally appealing. God reminded me that He had promessed me clear vision. The Lord began to point to a place of intersection. Life Coaching.

I've always thought of life coaches as Russel Durritz (The Kid) kind of people. They can't possibly really have it all together so they must make the most of the part they do and fake the rest. But the obstacles in my life began to line up and make sense. I need to overcome in Christ, a weight problem, disorganization, lack of follow through issues, romantic relationship issues, and poverty. On the two book shelves closest to me are 72 books about success in these areas plus a tape series. I'm pertty sure I have more all over the house, actually I know I have two in the bathroom right now. I'm clearly passionate on this idea. Last time I tried to come up with a vision statement I got as far as "helping people make a small but significant improvement in their lives for a buck." And think of the Chrysalis project (all about managing change).

God calls me "Friend," that's my access point. That's the special nature between us that has immerged in the last couple years of asking, "who do I say God is for me in this season, and who does God say that I am?" I knew that I could be a friend and work as a plumber, so I didn't think it was very descriptive, but now I'm thinking friend/coach makes sense. Where does my great passion meet the need of the world? I've known I was annointed to be a counselor but again I didn't feel called to be a shrink exactly. My pioneer nature and my annointing to read the signs of the times also fit in to this vision.

I want to pioneer a new methods in life coaching and write a book about it. On the way there I want to learn and employ the methods of others, and make a living at it. Toward that end I do want to finish my business degree, become certified through the Rain Forest Institute among others, and tour behind my current book. I also intend to overcome the obsticles that are in my way that I may learn about them, and learn ways to defeat them.

Now that's some good clarity for my time of prayer and fasting. Now I need to go outside and enjoy the perfect afternoon that's out there.

No comments: